Subscribe to our periodic newsletter and get latest, relevant information on healthy living
Life has many opportunities for enjoyment. The problem is for many unhealthy people life is too short to take advantage of these simple pleasures. Healthy living is the key to achieve this. Healthy living consists of everything we do that fosters a better well-being for us and our loved ones. Adapting to healthy living can often be difficult, but the benefits are indeed very hopeful and should serve as our inspiration. Here is five easy steps help you reap the benefits of healthy living.
Two Most Important Steps for Healthy Living
1. BALANCED DIET & NUTRITION. You are what you eat. Monitor what you consume, and keep away from a detrimental abundance of those which are unhealthy for your body. Certain carbohydrates (sugars and refined flours) can lead to a heart disease and diabetes. Try to increase the intake of nutrients that are good for your everyday life such as fibers and protein-rich low fat foods.
2. START EXERCISING. Our bodies are not meant to be inactive. Our systems require a steady flow of oxygen, and oxygen is most effectively absorbed through a healthy respiratory system. Cardiovascular exercise assures that our respiratory system is always in top shape, and as a result, so will the rest of our body.
The Steps Add Up to Good Health
3. ELIMINATE CERTAIN HABITS. Smoking can be a killer, along with a dependence on alcohol and drugs. These addictions endanger our health, and should be stopped right away. Bad habits can give us a false sense of satisfaction, but such is merely momentary. Over time these dangerous habits will take their toll on our bodies.
4. ACCEPT YOURSELF. Healthy living is as much a psychological issue as it is a physical undertaking. Reinforcing yourself with happy and positive thoughts gives you the confidence you need to conquer anything that life throws your way, giving you the confidence that makes you feel good about yourself. To feel good about ourselves is to live an unstressed existence and to take pleasure in all the splendors that life has to offer!
Self-Care with Rewards
5. REWARD YOURSELF. Many attempts for healthy living fail because the rewarding one self for achieving goals is forgotten. A campaign to attain healthy living can be fun, especially if we reward ourselves for a job well done. At the end of the day, when what we want to accomplish has been accomplished, we should always take time to reward ourselves for the commitment and resolve we have shown.
What is healthy living?
Everyone wants this thing called health, and yet most people have never thought about what their “target of health” actually looks like. If you and your family were healthy, what would it be like?
It is like this: Imagine you are shooting a bow and arrow at a definite target and you have no idea what the target is. What do you think the chances are that you will hit the target? Not very good. Knowing what the target is dramatically increases the chances of you hitting the target. Everyone usually has some definition of health but that is kind of like saying the target is round. A definition doesn’t help much.
What would you feel like, what would your kids do, and what would life look like? Get a clear target of what you being healthy would actually be like. Instead of just shooting for some ambiguous non-defined target, figure out your target. How much energy will you have, what will happen to your symptoms and disease, and how else will you be free? Simply knowing your target dramatically increases the odds of you hitting it.
When you actually know what your target is, how do you get it?
Nature works mostly on the principle of thing and no thing. Light is the thing and darkness is the absence of light. Sound is the thing and silence is the absence of sound. Health is the thing, and symptoms and disease are the absence of health. But some time back they got mixed up. Somehow symptoms and disease became the thing, and once you treated away the symptoms and disease, you would be left with health. And yet most people know that health is more than the absence of symptoms and disease. So what does this mean? It means you have to do something other than treat symptoms and disease to be healthy.
Healthcare Can Be Defined
Let us understand why. If there are shadows or darkness in a room, the only way to get light in the room is by turning on the light. No matter how many ways you can measure and quantify shadows, you cannot sweep them under a rug, cut them out of the room, or invent some chemical to get rid of the shadow. The only thing you can do is turn on the light.
Health is the thing. And no matter how many ways you can measure and quantify symptoms and disease, the only way to be healthy is to add to your health. So what adds health into your life? It boils down to 7 simple things.